In this module, you set up your environment to enable Lightning development. What you will learn
Create a Namespace
Enable Lightning Components in your Salesforce Environment / Org
Upload Static Resources for use in your Lightning application
Step 1: Create a Namespace
A namespace is globally unique across all Salesforce organizations. Namespaces are case-insensitive and have a maximum length of 15 alphanumerical characters.
1. Login to your Salesforce Developer Edition
2. Click Setup
3. In the Quick find box Search for Packages, Click Create > Packages
4. Click Edit and Continue
5. Enter the namespace prefix you want to register, and click Check Availability. If the namespace you entered is not available, try again until you find a namespace that is available.
6. Click Review My Selections
7. Click Save
Step 2: Enable Lightning Components
1. Click on Setup
2. Click Develop > Lightning Components
3. Check the Enable Lightning Components checkbox
4. Click Save
Step 3: Upload Bootstrap as a Static Resource
To help you make the application look good, you will use a version of Twitter Bootstrap customized to match the Salesforce1 guideline.
1. Download and unzip the Salesforce Foundation Bootstrap